Your tour starts from the capital city, Delhi, an energetic city, with a unique blend of the ancient and the contemporary era.There are at least eight cities on the location of the modern Delhi, among which Indraprastha is one of the first recognized settlements, highlighted in the epic Mahabharata over 3000 years ago. Nevertheless, Delhi has always been one of the major cities in the northern region of the subcontinent.
Overnight stay in Delhi
After breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel and taken for a guided sightseeing tour of Old & New Delhi. Tour includes visits to the following places of interest:
- Red Fort: The term Red Fort is taken from a Hindi word Lal, which means red and Quila which means fort. The structure of the Red Fort is very uneven and it is placed in an octet shape along the Yamuna River. This fort is delimited by a wall of about 2.4 kms in perimeter and is constructed of red sandstone. In 1638, Shah Jahan started building this huge fort and it was completed in 1648.
- Jama Masjid: Jama Masjid is one of the country’s major mosques where hundreds and thousands of Muslims offer their prayers even today. Jama Masjid was constructed by Shah Jahan as an architectural extravaganza in 1658.
- India Gate:India Gate is a free standing, 42 metre high arch. It was built in 1931 and was formerly called the All India War Memorial in the memory of the 90,000 soldiers of the Indian Army who died in World War I. The names of the warriors are engraved all along the walls of the arch.
- Humayun’s Tomb:Nine years after the death of Humayun, Haji Begum (widow of Humayun) built this tomb in 1565-66 in his memory.
- Qutub Minar: This outstanding building in the Southern part of the capital was built by the Muslim King; Qutab–ud–din Aibak in 1199 A.D. The Minar (tower) is 72.5 meters tall and its base is a mosque.
Fly Delhi – Nagpur & Drive Nagpur - Pench
After an early breakfast, you will be met by our representative and he will assist you with the check-out formalities. You will then be escorted to the airport in time to board flight for Nagpur.
Pench National Park - Pench National Park is one of the recent parks that comes under the canopy of Project Tiger in 1992 and is open to tourism. A beautiful area, where teak forest covers much of the vegetation and open grassland in an undulant land, at the foot of the Satpura Range. Washed by the Pench and Wainganga Rivers, it is a green and fertile area for several months of the year and provides a perfect environment for over 22 species of mammal, including sloth beer, leopard, tiger, deer and over 280 species of birds.
On your arrival in Pench, check in at the resort.
Later in the afternoon, visit the Pench National Park for your first safari. Safaris in Pench are conducted using 4WD vehicles, and resident naturalists are available to enhance the experience and introduce you to the Flora and Fauna of the Park.
Morning and Afternoon Safaris into the Pench National Park accompanied by an English speaking Naturalist. Game drives in Pench are conducted using 4WD vehicles.
Drive Pench – Kanha
Kanha National Park: Kanha National Park, one of the original Sanctuaries to be part of the Project Tiger programme, is one of the largest National Parks in Asia. Kanha not only boasts of India’s largest Tiger population, but is also known for it’s conservation efforts of the Barasingha (Swamp Deer), the population of which has increased over seven fold in the last 40 odd years. The Kanha National Park has a diverse landscape and a hugely varied topography including hilly areas, thick forest and open grasslands.
Morning and Afternoon Safaris into the Kanha National Park accompanied by an English speaking Naturalist. Game drives in Kanha are conducted using 4WD vehicles.
Drive Kanha – Bandhavgarh
Bandhavgarh is a comparatively new National Park, and amongst the most popular Tiger Reserves in India. The Park is extremely popular because of it’s high density of Tiger population, being a relatively smaller park. There is also a lovely fort in the middle of the park, which doubles its charm. The park has a huge biodiversity. Bandhavgarh National Park also has a huge breeding population of leopards, Jungle cats, Rhesus macaques, hyenas, blackbucks and various species of mammals and 250 species of bird.
Morning and Afternoon Safaris into the Bandhavgarh National Park accompanied by an English speaking Naturalist. Game drives in Bandhavgarh are conducted using 4WD vehicles.
Overnight train Bandhavgarh - Agra
The day starts with an early morning game safari into the Bandhavgarh National Park. Once again accompanied by an English speaking Naturalist.
Early evening, drive to Umaria, the nearest main line station for Bandhavgarh, to board your overnight train for Agra, the final destination of your Safari in India.
Overnight on board train.
Agra: Agra is situated on the bank of Yamuna River. It is the dwelling place to India’s famous monument, the Taj Mahal. Agra was the capital of Mughal Empire in the 16th & 17th centuries.
- Taj Mahal: Emperor Shah Jahan constructed the Taj Mahal in the memory of his wife Mumtaj Mahal who died during the birth of their child in 1631. The construction of this famous monument is said to have taken 22 years, starting from 1631.Over 20,000 artisans were working day and night for the construction of this landmark. Craftspersons and whizzes were brought from France and Italy. And the chief architect was from Iran. The visit to the Taj Mahal will long be remembered by you as the highlight of your National Park tour.
- Agra Fort: Emperor Akbar started the construction of this huge red sandstone Agra Fort on the bank of Yamuna River in 1565. It was mainly constructed for the soldiers until his grandson, Shah Jahan, added more opulent accommodations. There are a number of attractive buildings within its porches such as Samman Burj, where Shah Jahan was imprisoned by his son, Moti Masjid, a white marble mosque, Diwan–e–Am, Diwan–e–Khas, Jahangir’s Palace, Khaas Mahal and Shish Mahal.
Overnight stay in Agra.
Drive Agra – Delhi and depart Delhi
Have a relaxed morning in Agra, after which, drive to Delhi airport in time to board your flight home.
Hotels Provide in Tour
|Period / Category
|Valid from 01st Oct'14 to 30th June’15
||US$ 1995 per person
||US$ 5725 per person
|Valid from 01st Oct'15 to 30th June'16
||US$ 2030 per person
||US$ 5790 per person