Your Tiger Safari tour in India starts from the capital city, Delhi, an energetic city, with a unique blend of the ancient and the contemporary era. Delhi has always been one of the major cities in the northern region of the subcontinent.
After a relaxing breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel and will be taken for a guided sightseeing tour of Old & New Delhi. Tour includes visits to the following places of interest:
Overnight stay in Delhi.
- Red Fort: The term Red Fort is taken from a Hindi word Lal, which means red and Quila which means fort. The structure of the Red Fort is very uneven and it is placed in an octet shape along the Yamuna River. This fort is delimited by a wall of about 2.4 kms in perimeter and is constructed of red sandstone. In 1638, Shah Jahan started building this huge fort and it was completed in 1648.
- Jama Masjid: Jama Masjid is one of the country’s major mosques where hundreds and thousands of Muslims offer their prayers even today. Jama Masjid was constructed by Shah Jahan as an architectural extravaganza in 1658. The wonders of construction in Jama Masjid are seen in the long stretches of stairs and the hefty courtyard.
- India Gate: India Gate is a free standing, 42 metre high arch. It was built in 1931 and was formerly called the All India War Memorial in the memory of the 90,000 soldiers of the Indian Army who died in World War I. The names of the warriors are engraved all along the walls of the arch.
- Humayun’s Tomb: Nine years after the death of Humayun, Haji Begum (widow of Humayun) built this tomb in 1565-66 in his memory.
- Qutub Minar: This outstanding building in the Southern part of the capital was built by the Muslim King; Qutab–ud–din Aibak in 1199 A.D. The Minar (tower) is 72.5 meters tall and its base is a mosque.
Fly Delhi - Varanasi
After a relaxing breakfast at the hotel, you will be met by our representative and he will assist you with the check-out formalities. You will then be escorted to the airport in time to board flight for Varanasi, the next destination on your India Tiger safari tour.
Varanasi - Varanasi the ‘eternal city’ is one of the major pilgrimage spots in India. Varanasi is located on the banks of the sacred river Ganges. Over 2000 years Varanasi has been a center of learning. Apart from being a pilgrimage spot in India, Varanasi is also considered as an auspicious place to die, establishing an instant route to heaven. Varanasi is a special place for the Sanskrit scholars and students from all over India are seen here.
You will be met by our representative at the Varanasi Airport and he will escort you to the hotel and help you with the check in formalities.
- Asi Ghat: Asi Ghat is one of the five extraordinary ghats in India; where the pilgrims are supposed to bathe in all the ghats on the same day and in order. The order is Asi, Dasaswamedh, Barnasangam, Panchganga and finally Manikarnika.
- Durga Temple: Durga Temple was constructed in the 18th century by a Bengali Maharani. This temple is commonly known as the ‘Monkey Temple’ as many monkeys have made it their home. The construction of this temple is in Nagara style. The temple has a Durga Kund.
- Kashi-Vishwanath Or Golden Temple: The Kashi-Vishwanath or the Golden Temple is devoted to lord Shiva as the Lord of the Universe. The original Temple was destroyed by Aurangzeb and he constructed a mosque over it. The New temple is constructed in 1776 by Ahalya Bai of Indore and the Gold plating on the towers of the temples was contributed by Maharaja Ranjit Singh of Lahore.
Overnight stay in Varanasi.
Fly Varanasi – Khajuraho
The day begins early with a Dawn Boat Ride on the holy river Ganges. The guide will pick you up from your hotel and will take you to the river Ganges. The City and the river Ganges come alive at dawn, when hundreds and thousands of devotees come to the river to worship the Sun God.
Khajuraho : Khajuraho was once the capital of the Chandela Rajput’s of Bundelkhand. It is the dwelling place of the World’s famous 10th century Khajuraho Temples. These temples have attractive and erotic rock carvings and the carvings symbolize some of the beautiful specimens of the medieval Hindu architecture and sculpture in the country.
You will be met by our representative at the Khajuraho airport and he will escort you to the hotel and will assist you with the check in formalities.
he rest of the day is free for you. You can either relax and enjoy the hotel facilities or explore the city.
Overnight stay in Khajuraho.
Drive Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh (250 kms / 05 hrs)
After a relaxing breakfast at the hotel, you will be picked up from your hotel and will be taken for a guided sightseeing tour of Khajuraho. Tour includes visits to the following places of interest:
On arrival at Bandhavgarh, check in at the resort.
- Eastern Group Of Temples – The Eastern group of temples includes the Lakshmi and the Varaha Temple, the Lakshmana Temple, the Kandariya Mahadev, the Mahadeva Temple, etc. The Eastern Group of temples houses the Parasvanath Temple, the largest and finest Jain temple in the city as well as the Adinath Temple, the Shantinath Temple etc.
- Bandhavgarh National Park : Bandhavgarh is a comparatively new National Park, and amongst the most popular Tiger Reserves in India. The Park is extremely popular because of its high density of Tiger population, being a relatively smaller park. There is also a lovely fort in the middle of the park, which doubles its charm. The park has a huge biodiversity.
Overnight stay in Bandhavgarh.
Morning and Afternoon Safaris into the Bandhavgarh National Park accompanied by an English speaking Naturalist. Game drives in Bandhavgarh are conducted using 4WD vehicles.
Drive Bandhavgarh – Kanha (325 kms/06 hrs)
The day starts with an early morning game safari into the Bandhavgarh National Park, once again accompanied by a local Naturalist.
After the morning Safari, return to the hotel for breakfast, after which you check out and start your drive to Kanha, the second National Park on your India Tiger safari.
Kanha National Park:Kanha National Park, one of the original Sanctuaries to be part of the Project Tiger programme, is one of the largest National Parks in Asia. Kanha not only boasts of India’s largest Tiger population, but is also known for it’s conservation efforts of the Barasingha (Swamp Deer), the population of which has increased over seven fold in the last 40 odd years.
On arrival at Kanha, check in at the resort.
Overnight stay in Kanha.
Morning and Afternoon Safaris into the Kanha National Park accompanied by an English speaking Naturalist. Game drives in Kanha are conducted using 4WD vehicles.
Return to the resort for a relaxing breakfast. Later in the afternoon you will be picked up again from your Resort and will be taken for a guided game ride into Kanha National Park.
Overnight stay in Kanha.
Drive Kanha – Jabalpur (200 kms / 04 hrs) and overnight train Agra
The day starts with an early morning game safari into the Kanha National Park, once again accompanied by a local Naturalist.
Later, you will be met by our representative and he will assist you with the check out formalities at the resort. And then you start your drive to Jabalpur and board the overnight train to Agra, the next destination on the India Tiger safari tour.
Overnight on board train.
You will be met at the Agra Railway Station by our representative and he will escort you to the hotel and will assist you with the check in formalities.
Overnight stay in Agra.
- Agra : Agra is situated on the bank of Yamuna River. It is the dwelling place to India’s famous monument, the Taj Mahal. Agra was the capital of Mughal Empire in the 16th & 17th centuries.
- Taj Mahal: Emperor Shah Jahan constructed the Taj Mahal in the memory of his wife Mumtaj Mahal who died during the birth of their child in 1631. The construction of this famous monument is said to have taken 22 years, starting from 1631.Over 20,000 artisans were working day and night for the construction of this landmark. Crafts persons and whizzes were brought from France and Italy.
- Agra Fort: Emperor Akbar started the construction of this huge red sandstone Agra Fort on the bank of Yamuna River in 1565. It was mainly constructed for the soldiers until his grandson, Shah Jahan, added more opulent accommodations. There are a number of attractive buildings within its porches such as Samman Burj.
Drive Agra – Jaipur (250 kms / 5 hrs)
After a relaxed breakfast at the hotel. You will then start your trip to Jaipur, the last destination on your India Tiger safari Tour, enroute stopping at Fatehpur Sikri, for a guided tour.
Fatehpur Sikri: The deserted capital of Emperor Akbar roughly 35 kms outside Agra, this city was built in the 16th century, and was abandoned for 12 years due to the paucity of water.The Buland Darwaza is the main entrance to this city, which is 54 m tall and this gate was built in the honor of Akbar’s victory in Gujarat.
After visiting Fatehpur Sikri, the drive takes a twirl to Jaipur, the next stop on your India Tiger safari tour.
Jaipur : It is the capital of Rajasthan, and is known as the “Pink City” because of the pink tinted constructions in the old city. It is situated on a dry lake bed, bordered by barren hills vanquished by forts and broken walls. He positioned the city with rectangular blocks according to early Hindu architecture. It is a great city for shopping.
Rest of the day is free for you. You can either relax and enjoy the facilities of the hotel or explore the city.
Overnight stay in Jaipur.
After a relaxing breakfast at the hotel, you will be picked up from your hotel and will be taken for a guided sightseeing tour of Jaipur and Amber. Tour includes visits to the following places of interest:
Overnight stay in Jaipur.
- Hawa Mahal (Palace Of Winds): Constructed by Maharaja Sawaj Pratap Singh in 1799, the Hawa Mahal is one of the Jaipur’s main landmarks; the front of the Mahal has pink windows and latticework screens.
- City Palace: The City Palace is still the dwelling place of the former royalty H.H Bhawani Singh Ji of Jaipur. This Palace still has an extensive collection of art, carpets and old weapons.
- Jantar Mantar (Observatory): It was built by Maharaja Jai Singh in 1728. Jantar Mantar appears to be an inquisitive collection of sculptures but in fact each construction has a detailed purpose such as measuring the positions of stars, altitudes and azimuths, and calculating eclipses.
- Amber Fort: The Amber Fort is located 11 kms away from Jaipur. The Fort is an excellent illustration of Rajput architecture, impressively situated on a hillside facing a lake, which reflects its walkways and walls.
Drive Jaipur - Delhi (250 kms/05 hrs) and depart Delhi
Have a relaxed morning in Jaipur, after which, drive to Delhi International Airport in time to board your flight home.
Hotels Provide in Tour
|Period / Category
|Valid from 01st Oct'14 to 30th June'15
||US$ 1916 per person
||US$ 1916 per person
||US$ 2785 per person
|Valid from 01st Oct'15 to 30th June'16
||US$ 1944 per person
||US$ 2158 per person
||US$ 2782 per person