Your Ladakh tour begins with an arrival into Leh , where you will be met at the airport by a Trans India Holidays representative and transferred to the hotel and assisted with check in formalities.
After breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel and taken for a guided sightseeing tour of Indus Valley Monastries. Tour includes visits to the following places of interest:
- Thiksey Gompa: 19 Kms from Leh, spectacularly sited, Thiksey is one of the largest and architecturally most impressive Gompas. There are several temples in this Gompas, containing images, stupas and wall paintings of Buddha, which are exquisite.
- Shey Palaca And Gompa: Situated on a hillock 15 Kms upstream from Leh, it was once the residence of the royal family. According to tradition, it was the seat of power of the pre-Tibetan kinds. A 7.5 mts high copper statue of Buddha, plated with gold and the largest of its kind, is installed here.
- Hemis Gompa: 40 Kms from Leh, it is the wealthiest, best known and biggest Gompa of Ladakh. Its popularity stems from the major annual festival held here in summer. The festival is in honor of Guru Padma Sambhava’s birth anniversary. It also has the largest Thanka in Ladakh which is unfurled once in 12 years (nest in 2004) Hemis was built in 1630 during the reign of Singge Namgyal, an illustrious ruler of Ladakh.
- Ladakhi House: A typical Ladakhi house is made of mud bricks. The center of the room is the kitchen cum guest room. Sittings are like that of Japanese thus by using low tables and Tibetan carpets where one sits in a meditation posture crossed leg. Ground floor is used during the winters called “Goontsa” and the top floors are used during summer.
Drive Leh – Nubra Valley (125 kms/05 hrs)
After breakfast, you will be met by our representative and assisted with check-out formalities. You will then start your drive to Nubra Valley. Drive past world’s highest motorable road at Khardungla Pass, said to be one of the highlights of any Leh, Ladakh tour.
- Khardungla Pass : The road journey to Nubra valley leads through Khardung La pass (The highest Motorable road in the world) 18,390 ft. around 39 Kms. Away from Leh.
- Nubra Valley : The Nubra means Ldumra (the valley of flowers), situated in the north of Leh. The average altitude of the valley is about 10,000 ft. above the sea level. On arrival at Nubra, you will be met by our representative and assisted with check in formalities.
- Deskit Village: Deskit is the main village of headquarter of Nubra valley, which has a small market consisting of a row of shops and about 500 years old Gompa on the hilltop. Spectacular view of the valley can be seen form the monastery.
- Deskit Gompa: Deskit Gompa was founded by Lama Sherab Zangpo of Stod in about 1420 AD during the reign of King Dragspa. About 100 monks are residing in the Gompa, which is a branch of Thikse Monastery. The monastic festival called Gustor takes place on 20th and 21st days of the 12th month of Tibetan calendar.
- Hundar Village:Hundar is a beautiful village to stay with lot of trees and you will really enjoy your stay at Hundar. It has a small monastery and ruined fort above the village. The walk or Camel Safari (Double Hump bacterian camels) from Hundar to Deskit, through sand dunes for two hours is wonderful.
Drive Nubra Valley - Leh (125 kms/05 hrs)
Morning after breakfast visit Samstanling Monastery then drive back to Leh, once again driving via Khardungla pass the World Highest Motorable road.
- Samstanling Gompa: Samstanling Monastery was founded by Lama Tsultrim Nima and Monastic community was introduced as Rezong Gompa. About 50-60 monks are residing in this 132 years old monastery. The Gompa has some strict rules and regulations.
On arrival at Leh, you will be met by our representative and assisted with check in formalities.
Evening explore Leh bazaar for souvenir, visit Leh Jokhang or Leh Mosque by foot.
Overnight in Leh.
Your Leh Ladakh tour ends with a transfer to Leh airport, where you will be assisted by our representative, to check in for your flight for Delhi.
Hotels Provide in Tour
|Period / Category
|Valid from 01st May’14 to 30th April’2015
||US$ 525 per person
|Valid from 01st May'15 to 30th September'2016
||US$ 580 per person